To apply leverage to software development:
- Instead of building on AWS, use a PaaS like Heroku.
- Instead of creating a custom app, use a framework like Next.js.
- Instead of styling from scratch, use a design system like Material UI.
- Instead of architecting a CMS, use an open source or paid alternative like WordPress.
- Instead of writing security functions, use a battle-tested module like Auth0.
With leverage, you increase feedback loops but give up control. It’s more valuable when working with small teams trying to move fast.